- In the entire hotel, all light sources have been converted to LEDs.
We use digital timers, twilight sensors or motion detectors in the corridors, on service roads, in toilets on the outside area and in the parking lots.
- We deliberately do without air conditioning.
- Our room maids and boys turn down the heating when the room is not occupied or absent.
- We do without minibars.
- We do without reception lighting and switched on television when the guest first enters his room. We use blinds and opaque curtains as shading systems.
- The hotel building has a cold roof.
- We use energy-saving devices in all areas.
- The electricity in the rooms is automatically interrupted by a key card plug-in system on the room door.
- We regularly collect data on our energy consumption and are constantly working on reducing consumption.
- Central flow limiters or water-saving aerators are used for all water connections and sinks in the toilets and bathrooms as well as in the kitchen.
- Our showers in the room have a hand shower and a maximum flow rate of 6l/min.
- In the public areas and in the back of the house (in part), the water outlet at the washbasin is controlled by sensor technology or foot or pressure actuation.
- All taps are regularly checked for drips and calcification.
- Hotel rooms for staying guests are only cleaned on request.
- The bed linen is changed every 4 days or as needed or at the request of the guests.
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning, dishwashing and laundry detergents.
- Our green spaces are irrigated with rainwater only.
- Our dishwashers and washing machines save water.
- We filter and refine our drinking water to increase the quality.
Guests are made aware of water-saving use in the bathroom.
- We regularly collect data on our water consumption and plan and take measures to reduce it.
- We pay attention to the use of reusable packaging where it is possible and sensible.
- We do not use portion packaging for butter, cream cheese, jam, cereals and other products.
- 95% of the purchase are large containers.
- There is a waste separation system and recycling processes. Devices and old equipment are donated to institutions or offered to employees or disposed of as hazardous waste.
- We offer guests the option of separating waste by handing it over to reception or through housekeeping.
- We offer cleaning and care products in dispensers and consistently avoid individually packaged soap.
- All employees at ANDERS are required to print out as little as possible. If necessary, we prefer to use scrap paper or recycled paper.
- Cloth towels, warm air dryers, recycled paper towels and even high-speed dryers in public areas are available for drying hands.
- We regularly collect data on our waste volumes and plan and take measures to reduce them.
Food & Beverage
- The proportion of regionally produced products is around 40%. Products from a maximum radius of 100 km are considered regional.
- The proportion of seasonally produced products is around 75%.
- The proportion of products from organic farming is about 10%.
- The proportion of meat from organic farming is about 10% and from species-appropriate farming even 100%.
- The proportion of fish from species-appropriate rearing and gentle fishing methods is 100%. Where possible also from regional domestic waters.
- Our coffee and cocoa comes from fair trade certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- We do not use colourings, preservatives, flavor enhancers or finished products in the à la carte area. Ready-made products are sometimes used in the banquet/buffet/half-board area.
- About 50% of the products are freshly prepared.
- The origin of regional products is indicated by buffet displays and in the menu.
- The menu often offers detailed explanations.
Vegetarian, vegan and allergy-friendly dishes are offered on the menu.
There is a concept to avoid oversupply.
Arrival & Transport
- We support the formation of car pools and offer inexpensive bicycle or e-bike leasing for our employees.
- Our guests are actively offered a public transport ticket for a fee.
- The Deutsche Bahn event ticket is described and linked on our website.
- We have our own e-bike rental for our guests.
- We offer our guests and employees a bicycle parking space that is secured and protected.
- When ordering a taxi, we give preference to vehicles with alternative drives.
- Our fleet now consists of two hybrid vehicles. Including a plug-in hybrid.
- Our guests can also charge at the 2 e-charging stations at the hotel.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- We support the food bank, the social department store and the Heidewerkstätten – a workshop for people with disabilities. We also participate in social and cultural projects in the region with regular donations to the War Graves Administration, the Walsrode Museum Railway, the Oncological Working Group and many other activities.
- We employ people with physical or mental disabilities.
- We also offer barrier-free access to the room, parking spaces and almost all public areas for guests. Only the sauna is located on the first floor of the hotel and is therefore not barrier-free as long as the house does not (yet) have an elevator.
- We practice diversity management in-house and are a member of the Diversity Charter.
- We employ 95% permanent employees, only 5% direct temporary workers and no subcontractors.
- If necessary, there is a code of conduct that customers and suppliers should adhere to. We reject customers and suppliers who do not adhere to this Code of Conduct..
- The department heads are jointly responsible for the topic of sustainability as part of their management tasks. The Deputy Hotel Director is responsible for monitoring and certification audits. We are a training company.
- Every minute worked is documented and should be dismantled promptly.
- We divide the tip fairly among all employees. Because we are firmly convinced that success and guest satisfaction is a team effort.
Internal & external communication
- We create and publish a sustainability report and also advertise our sustainability program to encourage our guests to support us in our efforts.
- Special Measures – We create an ecological footprint.
- We are rooted in the region and are involved in clubs and business associations.
- Working as an examiner for the Lüneburg-Wolfsburg Chamber of Industry and Commerce is also part of our endeavours.
- Wherever possible and economically viable, regional products and services are preferred – also in non-food areas.
- Local and regional initiatives are not only supported ideally but also financially.
- We also want to give something back for the advantages that the region brings us.
- Much of our furniture is made of solid wood or consists of organic/recyclable materials. The textiles used are also sustainable.
Cooking courses for children are offered in the summer holiday program of the city of Walsrode.
- A disposal fee will be charged for events with a high volume of waste.
We have our own herb garden.